Hello!! Its time for the best kuih raya recipe in town! What else if not Tat Nenas or Pineapple Tart. This resepi kuih raya is devided into two parts, one for making the jam, and two for making the pastry. If you have a different version of resepi tat nenas, do drop it in the comments section ok? Good luck!! 🙂
kuih tat nenas gulung
PINEAPPLE TART GULUNG
Makes about 150 tarts
2 medium-size pineapples, grated
Some cinnamon and star arise (optional)
1. Cook grated pineapple in a pot with sugar for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
2. Cook until the pineapple jam starts to leave the sides of the pot. Remove from stove and set aside to cool.
3. Roll jam into small balls, as shown in Pic. 1.
100g icing sugar
80g milk powder
600g cake/superfine flour
30g custard powder
1. Preheat oven at 170-180 deg C.
2. Cream butter and margarine in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and beat well.
4. Sift icing sugar, milk powder, flour and custard powder into the mixture. Fold to incorporate all ingredients to form a smooth pastry dough.
For pineapple rolls:
1. Place some pastry dough into mould. Using your thumbs, pipe dough of about 5cm in length. Place a jam ball on it and roll the pastry up to enclose the jam (Pic. 5).
2. Brush tarts with egg wash. Bake in a greased, lined baking tin (Pic. 6) for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. Cool the tarts on wire rack.
1. Amount of sugar is for guidance only. Please adjust this amount according to size and sweetness of your pineapples.
2. For the preparation of pineapple jam, what I did was cook the jam a day before I wanted to make the tarts. Set the jam aside to cool and then refrigerated the jam overnight. I found the jam was much easier to handle and roll (not too sticky) the next day