The skin :
200 g glutinous rice flour (tepung pulut)
Enough water to make a soft dough
a bit of salt
1/4 teaspoon screwpine leaves juice
The Gravy :
1 1/2 cup thick coconut milk (from 1 1/2 coconut)
* I added a bit of salt
The filling :
1/2 coconut ~ grated
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 piece palm sugar
2 screwpine leaves ~ knotted
1. Prepare the steamer.
2. To prepare the filling : Place all ingredients in a pot and cook till thickens. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
3. To prepare the skin : Place the glutinous flour in a bowl. Make a hole in the middle and pour the screwpine leaves juice and enough water mixed with salt. Mix together to form soft and smooth dough.
4. Roll into small balls and flatten it. Place a bit of filling and cover.
5. Arrange the prepared dough with filling onto a banana leave on the steamer. I put them in a pyrex bowl.
6. Pour the gravy and steam for 20 – 30 minutes.